Mammoth Cave National Park is best known for the longest cave system in the world. But there is more to experience than taking the excellent cave tours available. There are over 70 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails on the north side of the park. Also, seven miles of mountain bike trails will be completed by the end of 2013. Coincidentally, The Hickory Cabins is located two miles from the park boundary close to these trails. Experience nature away from busy tourist attractions and relax after a day of hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking or a canoe trip down Green River.
Do you prefer going to the beach or fishing? We are only six miles from Nolin Lake State Park. "A 5,795-acre lake makes Nolin Lake State Park a peaceful destination for recreation and relaxation....Enjoy the lake from the sand beach or launch your watercraft from the boat ramp. The park has a picnic pavilion, tables and grills, for family outings and group events." Currently under construction is a 10.25 mile round trip mountain bike trail with four miles completed. This trail was designed by The Bowling Green Chapter of the Kentucky Mountain Bike Association.
For the golf enthusiast, Shady Hollow Golf Course is just two miles away. "The 18-hole "Shady Hollow" course at the Shady Hollow Golf Course Facility in Cub Run, Kentucky features 6,100 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 70.0 and it has a slope rating of 113 on grass."
Is disk golf your forte? There are numerous Disk Golf courses within 45 minutes of our cabins (click here using zip code 42259). We also have two practice Disk Golf targets available, so don't forget to bring your disks to keep in practice after returning from your cave trip!
We have the most centralized lodging available in the Mammoth Cave-Nolin Lake area. Our cabins are located on a remote lot carved out of our woods in the middle of 86 acres. The cabins were built in 2011 by local Amish craftsmen. They are all wood construction, a cabin look and feel with modern conveniences.
Cabin Amenities Include:
- Bedroom's with queen beds
- Sleeping loft with twin bed(s)
- Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker
- 32" LCD TV with Satellite TV (Dish 190+ channels + HBO) and DVD Player
- Limited wireless internet access
- Clock radio in bedroom
- Bed sheets, pillows, blankets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths and limited amount of paper towels, soap and shampoo are provided
- Heat pump for heating/cooling
- Located on a secluded, wooded lot
- Attractive location close to horse stables, golf course, Mammoth Cave National Park, and Nolin Lake
- Picnic area with grill and tables