Mammoth Cave National Park is best known for the longest cave system in the world. But there is more to experience than taking the excellent cave tours available. There are over 70 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails on the north side of the park. Coincidentally, The Hickory Cabins is located two miles from the park boundary close to these trails. Experience nature away from busy tourist attractions and relax after a day of hiking, horseback riding or a canoe trip down Green River.
Do you prefer going to the beach, fishing or Mountain Bike Trails? We are only six miles from Nolin Lake State Park. "A 5,795-acre lake makes Nolin Lake State Park a peaceful destination for recreation and relaxation....Enjoy the lake from the sand beach or launch your watercraft from the boat ramp. The park has a picnic pavilion, tables and grills, for family outings and group events." Currently under construction is a 10.25 mile round trip mountain bike trail with four miles completed. This trail was designed by The Bowling Green Chapter of the Kentucky Mountain Bike Association.
We also have two practice Disk Golf targets available, so don't forget to bring your disks to keep in practice after returning from that hiking trip!
We have the most centralized lodging available in the Mammoth Cave-Nolin Lake area. Our cabins are located on a remote lot carved out of our woods in the middle of 86 acres. The cabins were built in 2011 by local Amish craftsmen. They are all wood construction, a cabin look and feel with modern conveniences.
Cabin Amenities Include:
- Bedroom's with queen beds
- Sleeping loft with twin bed(s)
- Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker
- 32" LCD TV with Satellite TV and DVD Player
- Clock radio in bedroom
- Bed sheets, pillows, blankets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths and limited amount of paper towels, soap and shampoo are provided
- Heat pump for heating/cooling
- Located on a secluded, wooded lot
- Attractive location close to horse stables, golf course, Mammoth Cave National Park, and Nolin Lake
- Picnic area with grill and tables